Forty-eight year old art gallery owner Paul Strait loves the nightlife—wild parties, stiff cocktails, and even stiffer men! But his decadent lifestyle has grown lonely and now he’s looking for love. Some days it seems that what he wants must be a fantasy. Hoping that the perfect guy is out there he enlists the help of Madame Eve.
After all, a fantasy service like 1Night Stand should be able to deliver his fantasy man, right?
Josef Debrossé runs an exotic gay bar in the Caribbean known only to locals and select tourists. The many patrons coming in and out of his bar ensure Josef never has a shortage of lovers but he’s grown tired of being just a vacation fling.
Josef wants to be another man’s lover and partner, not a mere souvenir from the islands.
Lost in a dance of lust and allure, both men are thrilled with Madame Eve’s choice for them and feel an intense connection the moment they meet. Flirting over drinks quickly leads to the bedroom. But after their fiery lust has been quenched, the night goes from fantasy to reality without warning. Secrets and frightening pasts threaten to shatter the magical illusion of their perfect date.
Will this budding romance survive in the face of reality?
I love the 1NS stories. There’s truly a story for every kind of taste. This story has all of the magic and mystery that comes with Madame Eve. Paul is so adorably flamboyant. But he totally owns who he is. He’s not really afraid of what others say or think. I loved his confidence. However he also has a vulnerable core that was beautiful to watch him let out with Josef. Those scenes are wonderfully written. Josef was fascinating. His background and history were so interesting. My heart broke for him a little bit. But he’s also got a strength that is undeniably sexy. He was so well written with all the different facets to his personality. There’s a sweet happy for now ending that makes me so hopeful for their future together. I would love to see a sequel to this story. These characters are two I definitely want to see more of.
Paul is kind enough to share a list of ten things he’d never do again. Many of them are pretty self explinatory. However many of these are so uniquely Paul you can’t help but laugh. Read and enjoy!
- Drink beer; Read FINDING HIS FANTASY and you’ll know why
- Go to White Party Week in Miami; I had a two-day hangover, lost three thousand bucks. I think that little Cuban guy stole it from me while he blew me, but I’ll never be sure. But the worst part is I have no recollection of meeting Cher. I mean, for real? I’m surprised no one has revoked my gay card yet
- Three men at once; One of them always gets too needy afterwards and somebody gets left out, and it ain’t gonna be me ever again. Selfish little twats
- Visit a bath house; Does that really need an explanation? There’s jizz everywhere!
- Furries; And no, I don’t want to remember that party. I went, I saw and I left….but I never came. Eew!
- Eat tofu; That shit is disgusting!
- Buy a Thomas Kinkade; Again….must I explain this?
- Pretend to be straight; Worst thirteen years of my life! Thank you Jeff Combs for that first kiss in my bedroom. It changed everything for me…..did you ever tell your wife about me? LOL
- Go to another Country Jamboree; Yeah, it was fun and all, and there were a lot of closeted country cuties just begging for a more experienced man to teach then a few things. My friend Gary was right, it was a great place to get laid—but it was just so dirty and….uncivilized! Crossed off the bucket list and don’t need to revisit it.
- Cocaine at your cousin Jenny’s wedding; Aunt Elaine has never forgiven me for the shirtless table dancing. Thanks to me, she’s convinced all gay men are drug addicted sex fiends. But how was I supposed to know the groom’s best man was married when I kissed him? He was the one who blew me at the church, not the other way around. Besides, it was twenty five years ago! Give a guy a break. Jenny divorced the idiot anyways.
“I am Josef Debrossé.” He had yet to release Paul’s hand—not that he had any complaints— and his blood warmed from touching a total stranger he’d paid to meet.
He let out a breathless chuckle, not surprised he’d been holding his breath.
“Paul Strait,” he replied, caught up in something…giddiness? Excitement? Sexual tension? He wasn’t sure, but he felt like a silly girl swooning on her first date. Almost as an afterthought, he added his signature tagline, “And I’m anything but.”
A rich resonant laughter danced around them, weaving a spell and capturing Paul inside it until he didn’t even know which way was up or down.
“C’est bon, Paul Strait,” he said, those hypnotic eyes sparkling.
When Josef released him, he had to resist the urge to take the man’s hand back and never let go, fearing he might disappear. Instead, he downed the rest of his champagne, scolding himself for being so ridiculous. He nodded toward the bar where plenty of stools sat open. “Can I buy you a drink?”
At the resort, everything was included, but it seemed like the most logical thing to say. Much classier than, “Are you wearing underwear?”
Deanna Wadsworth might be a bestselling erotica author, but she leads a pretty vanilla life in Ohio with her wonderful husband and a couple adorable cocker spaniels. She has been spinning tales and penning stories since childhood, and her first erotic novella was published in 2010. She has served multiple board positions at her local RWA chapter and with Rainbow Romance Writers of America. When she isn’t writing books or brainstorming with friends, you can find her making people gorgeous in a beauty salon. She loves music and dancing, and can often be seen hanging out on the sandbar in the muddy Maumee River or chilling with her hubby and a cocktail in their basement bar. In between all that fun, Deanna cherishes the quiet times when she can let her wildly active imagination have the full run of her mind. Her fascination with people and the interworkings of their relationships have always inspired her to write romance with spice and love without boundaries.
9-Feb: BFD Book Blog, Havan Fellows, Book Lovers 4Ever
16-Feb: Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents, Wicked Faerie’s Reads and Reviews
23-Feb: Happily Ever Chapter, Jessie G. Books, A.M. Leibowitz, MM Good Book Reviews, Love Bytes
1-Mar: Book Reviews, Rants, and Raves, V’s Reads, Divine Magazine
8-Mar: Unquietly Me, Dawn’s Reading Nook, Inked Rainbow Reads
15-Mar: Elisa – My Reviews and Ramblings, Molly Lolly
22-Mar: Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents, Bayou Book Junkie
28-Mar: Hearts on Fire, Making It Happen
a Rafflecopter giveaway